BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 18, 2005

Pushed by an Elephant - Praise Report

Yeah…that’s right…pushed by an elephant! I was at the market yesterday evening and there was a momma elephant and her baby was attached to her by some rope. There were people feeding the elephants sugar cane and my friend (Tanah) and I were watching. I was standing there innocently when the baby elephant (which is still HUGE) came toward me and just rammed me with his huge head. To clarify….it wasn’t a really hard ram but it was hard enough to knock me onto the steps behind me. I scattered backward because the baby was acting unruly.

Then it hit me that this baby is not trained whatsoever…and knows no boundaries like the mother does…so needless to say – I kept my distance after that. For the record – I am not counting that as the fourth time I’ve fallen in Thailand….yeah…definitely doesn’t count….hehehe

Another incredible praise report: the day before yesterday some women came to John and asked him to go to the hospital to pray for a woman in her 40’s who just got pregnant and the father left her. She has been bleeding and having severe cramps and hadn’t felt the baby move in a long time. So yesterday John went up to the hospital and prayed for her and after he prayed the baby started kicking – the baby was moving so much he could see the baby moving through the stomach. Then they started sharing the good news with her and she started crying and accepted Jesus into her heart. WAHOO! Praise God!

We’re going to be helping her as much as we can. Something awesome happened about two days ago. I was at the FIRE house waiting for John to pick us up and there were about 5 children just hanging out there. Pii Thak (thai Christian woman who lives in the Fire House) said that they come there and hang out all the time and they are just desperate for attention. I started playing with them and it was just amazing how they opened up…for about an hour we played HARD! I was sweating horribly!!! I taught them “Simon says” and “Red light, Green light” – Pii Thak translated. Anyway, the awesome thing is that I talked to John and we’re going to try to setup something at the FIRE house for those kids once a week. Just come there and spend time with them…and tell them stories of Jesus and the love of God.

So if anyone has any awesome children’s fun…resources…please let me know about them. I want to make it like a continuous Vacation Bible School. Every week have an activity, story and fun time. Any help would be appreciated!!! I’ve only worked with teens and adults and teen games just don’t do it for these energy filled little guys.

I’m going to get some pictures of them up soon. We’ve been kept really busy recently with our Thai lessons – we have them 4 times a week and its tough stuff!!! We have to study hard! It’s such a difficult language. If you would like to hear what it sounds like here is a link where you can learn and hear a little bit of Thai yourself.

http://www.learningthai.com/useful_phrases.html

I have to make this post short unfortunately because I am heading off to prepare for helping out at a local church here. I’ll write more soon! Talk to you soon!

0 comments: