BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

God's faithfulness...TESTIMONY!

I have the pleasure of sharing with you yet ANOTHER testimony of God's faithfulness. Yesterday was a rough day...and I can now share with you how things had gotten. Yesterday John and I scrounged around the house for any money we could find because we didn't have enough to make it through the end of the month and as of 2 days ago we were flat broke. We went through jean pockets and checked all of John's drop spots (does anyone else's husband compulsivly drop any and everything in his pocket in various spots of the house...no matter how many "drop" bowls you give them?)...and we came up with 135 baht. Which is $3.90.

John was going to run to 7 and get some essentials. So I told him to get bread, eggs and milk. He then told me that we wouldn't have enough for milk. So he went and when he got back I was sooo thankful when I saw him carrying milk, eggs and bread. He went on to tell me what happened at the store.

He walked in and decided to get what we needed...he said "I didn't think about it alot...the only thing I priced was the bread and that was only because I saw a different brand available and looked at the price...it was 2 baht cheaper so I got that one instead of the normal one. But other than that I didn't even think to look how much the eggs would be or the milk.
But I decided that I was just going to get what we need and some how it would be cheaper...I knew something would happen so we could get what we need...After she rang everything up it was exactly 135 baht...to the baht...no more...no less and if I hadn't noticed that loaf of bread that was 2 baht cheaper I would have been 2 baht over."

We had the exact amount of money in our home...for exactly what we needed...when we needed it! I can't tell you how awesome this is because I even found one baht on the floor and if I hadn't we would have been one baht less. This is not the first time God has done things like this while we've been serving him on the mission field.
Because of the numbers many organizations/people would tell us that we need to return to the states to do more fundraising...(funderaising just doesn't happen for us...we tried...for some reason we're not marketable)..and that we won't make it...but we've been making it for almost 4 years now by the grace and faithfulness of God that meets our needs and never leaves us wanting food, shelter or water.

Another funny thing was...after John returned home I had to make dinner. But we had no meat...I had used tuna the night before with some noodles and the last can of cream of chicken and made a homemade tuna helper kind of dish. So anyway, I'm staring at my cabinets and thinking "OH God...what am I going to feed my family?" Then it just came together...we had 3 potatos some rice...one can of chicken broth and everything I would need to make dumplings. Can we say CARBS!?
So I went at it and we ate the most carbohydrate filled dinner ever! We had chicken and dumplings without the chicken and plus potatos served over rice to help fill tummies. And the awesome thing was that it tasted great!! As I finished up cleaning the kitchen, turned the light out and shut the door...I quietly asked God...what about tomorrow and I remembered the scripture:

Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

So I left it at that and that night we found out that John's parents had decided to put some money into our ministry account...and a dear friend (THANKS MIKE!)put some money in our account too and our paypal tranfer from another faithful supporter (THANKS JOAN and BILLIE) finally came through...(which we still can't legally get to) and then I got an email from Kenny (who writes our checks each month) and he said he was able to write us a check that very night (his day) instead of us having to wait 2 more days until the first. So this morning when we woke up we were able to get a taxi and go to the grocery store...so no more creative cooking for me for a while... ;)

God is so good! Does anyone else have problems with their kids fighting over who gets to pray before eating??!??!?!?! Gosh, it's driving me nuts! We just recently instated a rule that they take turns every other day...I mean, I suppose that's a good thing but oh how frustrating it is when they fuss over something so simple...and actually it's about the honor of getting to do it...because after Josiah is finished praying Jude will close his eyes and try to get his prayer in too...we tried letting them both pray but they just kept praying after the other one was finished...

Jude's prayers go something like this: "Thank you Dod...dandan here...and tank you Dod for the dandaan here...thank you Dod...AMEN!" Just the other day we heard and ambulance and Josiah said..."OH! And ambulance mommy...can we pray...can I pray?" I was like YES OF COURSE! So off he went praying for who ever was in that ambulance!

Then my hubby said the sweetest thing - I just love how he thinks and can relate things to our kids. He said "You know Josiah...you were kind of like a super hero just now...you know that? You don't have a cape but you could have just saved someone life by praying for them!" Josiah's face lit up so big...I wish I had had a camera...that helped him realize the power of prayer and that you can really impact lives through prayer. I'm posting an old pic of Josiah from when he was about 3....my little Super Josiah...

Anyway, not that I don't love having awesome testimonies like how God has provided during this time but...I was sooo glad to buy meat today!! I literally said, out loud, "YES!" when I saw the meat section! hehehe...Even when the numbers don't add up...as long as you entrust your life to Him...you have no reason to worry...Here is the full section of the scripture I quoted earlier...read it...remember and be blessed in Jesus name!

Matthew 6

25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will
eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field
grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in
all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'


For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) I overheard someone yesterday saying something about this, and when I heard your name, I thought, "oh no, what happened to the blakes?" Kenny told us about the money issue and some being sick. So I said a quick prayer for you. Stupid me, shoudn't get worried. This testimony is encouraging to me. I love hearing of the ways God keeps his promises to his people. I pray we all trust God and not worry about tomorrow. Love you guys! Deborah Weyandt

Anonymous said...

Praise God! You are such an encouragement

Anonymous said...

AMEN! :)
I so LOVE to read of God's awesome faithfulness and provision! :)

May God continue to bless you and fill you up with all peace and joy that you need to walk through each day with hope and confidence in God alone!!! :)